Saturday, December 14, 2013

Vince Low

Artist: Vince Low

Title: Will Smith

Media: Pen ink on canvas

Dimensions: 24 x 29 inches

Date: 2013

Biography: Dyslexic artist and illustrator from Kuala Lumpur, creates artistic order from the chaos of pen lines to create portraits of famous faces.


Statement: “I grew up in Malaysia in 1998; I graduated from the One Academy with a degree in illustration. Since then, I have worked my way up from a designer to a creative group head in various advertising agencies. I am now the head of illustration at grey group Kuala Lampur. To me it’s easy to love my job because I love what I do every day. I don’t see it as work and I believe that’s my reason for success. It’s like playing a computer game. The fun and exhilaration I get from it sometimes makes me to forget to even eat or sleep. The passion I have for art drives me to do better every time. As an illustrator, I always give my all in what I do. The style has to match the idea and it’s important to craft something that is beyond the ordinary. People often ask me how and what do I use to create my art? I always tell them the median doesn’t matter, what matters is you. Even if I only have wood or stone, I can use that to create something that is uniquely me.” http://www.artgalaxie.com/index.php/vince-low#gallery1-page-3

How It Connects: I love the work that this artist does. And not just because he work looks so amazing, but because of the reason behind his work. He scribbles all over his canvas but out of all the disorder, comes soomething amazing. He started the scribble method as a way to raise awareness for people who have dyslexia, where hes from not many people know about the disorder. And he himself being dyslexic makes it all the more amazing to me. 

1 comment: