Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thierry Guetta

Artist: Thierry Guetta

Title: Jimi Hendrix

Media: mixed media on screenprint

Dimensions: 29 ½ x 21 ¾ inches

Date: 2008

Biography: Thierry Guetta (A.K.A. Mr. Brainwash) is an actor and director,most commonly known for, Exit Through the Gift ShopLife Remote Control, and The 2011 Independent Spirit 
Awards. He is Married to Debra guetta


Statement: “I start a picture and I finish it. I don’t think about art while I work. I try to think about life.”

How It Connects: I chose this picture, because it was so different. instead of trying to highlight the celebrity's face, and body, the artist instead, covered it in color spots and gradually faded into a sprinkle of color here and there. Its not something most artists would think to do, I don't think.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment