Saturday, December 14, 2013

Innes McDougall

Artist: Innes McDougall

Title: Obsession

Media: oil pastel

Dimensions: 12 x 16 inch

Date: 2010

Biography: Innes is a mainly portrait artist who works out of Scotland. Originally educated digitally his talents have moved onto more traditional media now. He most often uses watercolor paints but has been known to use pastels, acrylics and even oils.

Statement: “I love playing with colour and I am a bit obsessed with painting eyes and lips. I don’t think art has to have a meaning I like to try and create beauty and I don’t have a problem with that.”

How It Connects: It connects obviously because it is a celebrity portrait. I chose this one, because I like the colors and the beauty of it. The artist used so many different colors and none of them are the colors that you would actually see on a humans face, yet they combine so perfectly to create this portrait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment